GDMSS Plus Push Notifications do not work with latest firmware/GDMSS app

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
HI All
Please forgive me up front for being a but frustrated...

SD59225UHNI PTZ Cameras running Firmware: 2.800.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27
GDMSS Plus 4.90.000, Nov 1, 2019.

GDMSS Push notifications no longer work with these 2 firmware and mobile app versions. I have spent days, months trouble shooting and figured this out. Probably someone else has already and Im new to the party.

• I have five cameras that work and five that don't.
  • All cameras are the exact same camera.
  • The only difference is 5 cameras are on firmware version 2.623.0000000.17.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-01-19 and 5 cameras are on V2.800.0000000.5.R.E4.2512.3S.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-27
  • Dahua had made it impossible to roll back firmware and software versions... Unlike EVERY software company in the world from inception has always allowed rollbacks due to problems such as these....

After spending thousands of dollars and recently paying for a "Certified Installer" to investigate and solve... they couldnt figure it out.

The last update for the GDMSS Plus mobile app went backwards downhill into complete programmer incompetence.... The prior 2 versions actually worked better. How is that possible? I have even asked and begged for source code to rewrite and fix my own versions of firmware/gdmss mobile app, since Dahua is NEVER going to fix any of this. EVER.... I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all to ask for working software for cameras that are less than a year old... Does Dahua expect me to spend 20k every year to update cameras?

Can anyone provide any suggestions on the following?
  • Working push notifications between which versions of firmware and or mobile applications from Dahua.
  • A contact within Dahua that will solve the software problems?
Again, My apologies for complaining but this is not acceptable. None of us should accept this lack of software quality for any reason whatsoever. I cant believe that this is the best security cameras have to offer.

If Dahua doesnt want to fix these problems is it to much to ask for souce code to fix my own cameras that I paid for?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Good luck with that..

The Dahua mobile app has been plagued with problems for going on 2 years.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does anyone get alarm notifications on a mobile device then? I purchased cameras based on recommendations of what I needed. One of the needs/requirements was mobile notifications. I was assured this was the norm.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try EVO PLUS.. its knock off app. I do get audible "ding" alerts on IOS however none with an image or video clip. I have the cameras send me emails with snapshots so between those two things I get what I need.

I suspect as you say, the various versions and FW compatibility means it will differ from device to device.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have Android... Ill pay for something that works... I need an intrusion alert and then the ability to go to live video on my phone. I have 24/7 recording.

I dont get why dahua applications dont work with dahua cameras.

The worst part about this is I need 10 more cameras asap. I havent been able to purchase more until now.... Of course now that I have the funds this is the show stopper... I cant move forward until I have a solution in place... Figures...

Last edited: