Gas leak explosion

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
This happened last week and my friends cam caught the action. Turn on the audio. The cam is a Dahua
IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE 2.8MM .

The fire department was called, but it extinguished itself. This PTZ cam grabbed this picture. Just to the right og the word Feed, you can see where it blew panels off as well. No one was inside at the time and it was a gas leak and the furnace ignited it when it came on.

PTZ Cam 2019-1-17 08.03.31.494 PM.jpg

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
You could hear what sounds like a fan spinning up as the explosion begins. I wonder if that's just air/gasses blowing out of an opening, or if it caused a ventilator fan somewhere to spin up as the rush of gasses started blowing through it as the gas began to burn faster and faster prior to rupturing the building. It's great that there was nobody in there when it happened.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Hahaha Yikes!! Anybody ever see the movie The Burbs??
Best movie ever! Very underrated, IMO.

The cinematography, editing, and score are spectacular. No matter how many times I watch it, it cracks me up!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Best movie ever! Very underrated, IMO.

The cinematography, editing, and score are spectacular. No matter how many times I watch it, it cracks me up!
Ray must have been in that building and hit the gas line..
"What have you got in the cellar, HERR Klopek" -
-Rumsfield..

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
"You keep a horse in the basement?!!" :)

The score by Jerry Goldsmith, who wrote the music for "Patton", where he tosses in little snippets of the echoplex trumpet fanfare and a parody of the main theme from "Patton" the first time we see Rumsfeld, and then sort of as his theme from there on, just makes me laugh every time. Making fun of his own score and also using that musical reference to sort of define and lampoon Rumsfeld is brilliant.

And that scene where Ray and Rick have goaded each other into going to meet the Klopecs, and are approaching the porch! The music, like something for the hero of a Western, and the camera zooms in on each of the neighbors' faces and eyes, all looking terribly concerned, and ending up with Queenie! Priceless!

Amazon prime has it for free now. Superb!