Foscam FI9826W login problem

Stran23

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 Foscams FI9826W with login problem.

They ware working just fine, since I did full reset on both. I need to do it because I changed router.

I press reset button for aprox 30sec. both cameras get IP via new DHCP server.

I can also see them via tools

Foscam_Search_Tool

Other tool is Foscam VMS

I can add camera, then VMS ask to change user and pass:

for user I set: user123
Pass: pass1234
(also try diffrent pass and users)

After that, I am not able anymore to login to camera. Wrong user or pass.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On page 84 of the user's manual (attached below) is the process to perform a reset to factory defaults:

7.1.3 I have forgotten the administrator password

To reset the administrator username and password, press and hold down the RESET BUTTON for 5 seconds.
Upon releasing the reset button, wait for 20 seconds, the camera will reboot and the username and password
will return to the factory default administrator username and password. Please power on the camera before reset
Default administrator username: admin
Default administrator password: No password

Also, according to page 7 and page 12, the default IP address is 192.168.1.110 and the default HTTP port is 88.
So if not using their tool, you'd insure your PC is on the same subnet (like 192.168.1.20) and open a browser (like IE11) to the URL :
Code:
http://192.168.1.110:88
hit <enter> and the camera's embedded webGUI should appear; when prompted, enter the default username and password as stated above.

Page 22 instructs how to change the username and password.

Attachments

Stran23

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

First thanks for replay.

I can successfully reset camera.

Also in IE first login (user: admin pass: ) works.

after that camera asks for new user and pass.

This time I enter:

User: test123
Pass: car123

In next login, I get error: Wrong username or pass.

Is there any other way to do reset or maybe update FW via SDcard?

BTW: on my phone I use OWLR Foscam app. When camera is factory defoult settings. (U: admin P: blank) I can view picture on phone. After I set new pass in IE I can not accass to camera not from IE or not even from OWLR Foscam app on my phone.

I am lost :)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
don't change the admin username. just leave that as 'admin' and set a resaonable password. later, you can add other (non-admin) users if you like...

Stran23

n3wb
Reaction score
Good idea, but cant be done.

If I left new username blank, I get error. Please enter username
If I enter admin as new user. I get error, username already exist.

Mzungu

n3wb
Reaction score
Was there any solution to this? I seem to have the same problem on a G4EP, and this thread seems to have died...

I have just bought a G4EP, and cannot login to it. I already have a G2EP working successfully.

I have the Foscam app on my phone, and if I scan the QR code, the G4EP is added to the app, but to change anything I need the username and password.

If I use the Foscam Equipment Search Tool, it shows both this and my original camera:

If I double click on the original camera (G2EP), it opens my browser, I enter the username and password, and I can log in and view the camera and settings.

As I have already tried many times, I started by resetting the new camera (G4EP) by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds. I also then power cycle the camera. It then appears in the Foscam Equipment Search Tool with the name Foscam_camera. If I double click on this, it opens my browser and the username is admin, and there are 8 dots in the password field. If I click on login, it asks me to change my username and password. I set a Username and password, and a pop-up says “Username and password changed successfully” and returns me to the login page. I re-enter the username and password that I have just set, and a pop-up says “Permission deny, operation is not permitted”. The thing is, that if I enter other usernames and passwords, I can get similar messages:

Correct Username, blank password: Username or password incorrect
Username admin, blank password: User accounts does not exist
Correct Username, correct password: Permission deny, operation is not permitted
Username admin, correct password: Permission deny, operation is not permitted

I can view the camera in the Foscam app on my phone, and it shows the view from the lens. If I try to change settings, it goes to the login page, I tried entering all 4 combinations of username and password above, and they all say “Device username or password does not match”

There does not appear to be any way to log in and change the settings, so the camera in currently useless. I really need to install this in 2 days over the BH weekend, as the installation is a bit innaccesible! :(

a1topgun

n3wb
Reaction score
I too have a similar problem with an older F19900P. It worked well for about two years and one day it stopped working. I replaced the site camera with a different make to get the site back up and running.

I have the Foscam on the bench and I have done a factory reset a few dozen times by now. It will reset to DHCP and I can find the camera IP with IP Tools, WireShark, Foscam CMP Manager, and Foscam VMS Manager.
If I try to login I get all of the login errors you mention, the most common is the "user name / password does not match". I have tried several different browsers, Firefox, Chrome, PaleMoon, and Midori. When I try to login from a browser I get the "load plugin" or "user name / password does not match" error. Tried reinstalling IPC Web Components too. Nada, Zip.

I give up.

OK, Foscam you win.

I have ordered a new IP cam, but it is NOT a Foscam.

PatiB87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,
I just had the same problem.

Solution is:
Download the app
Create a FosCam Account if you don't already have one - otherwise you can't use the app
Install camera in the app via scanning the QR-Code on the cam
Create new user there (DO NOT call it "admin", that won't work anyways)
Then go to your PC, login via the browser with the new user

Funny thing is: My first camera shows an account "admin" with Administrator privileges...
The second cam which has the issue that "admin" does not work now ONLY shows the account I just created in the webfrontend - seems the "admin" account does not even exist! BUT surely enough my newly created account IS admin so I can manage all the stuff I want. Wow... just wow! What a garbage! :)

P1x

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem and nothing seemed to fix the problem.
Then I realized that the only thing that changed was the IP... when I was connected by cable the camera had an IP and I could connect, when switching to wifi the camera had a different IP and I could not connect...
Then I changed the wifi IP to the same lP that was used by the LAN connection (I did that on the router configuration, but it should work also setting a static IP on the camera configuration) and suddenly I could login again