FIXED - SD49225T Failure - Am I missing Something?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Dahua OEM PTZ IP Camera SD49225T-Hn which is just over a year old and it has suddenly failed. When it went out, it just quit and Blue Iris shows a blank screen with "No Signal". I've checked that it does have power and the CAT5 connection is clean, but still nothing after cycling power, etc. I have a second SD49225T which is much older and it continues to work fine.

Using the IP config tool, the camera does not appear at all. Looking at the router (actually switch), when the connectivity light flashes as though it is attempting to connect, but never does (as compared to a connected camera with the light flashing continuously). My next step is to bring the camera down, but as it is high up on a tower I'm just wondering if I might be missing something obvious before I spend the time climbing the tower.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

Shawn

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you have check the cat connection at the camera itself on the tower? More times not this involves either acable problem or a power issue. Was the connection at the camera properly waterproofed with dielectric grease and stored in a waterproof j box? Was solid copper cable used not copper clad aluminum cable or stranded with wire a gauge of at least 24 awg? The camera being powered by a good po e plus injector or brand name Poe+ switch?

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I've checked the connection at the camera. I put a little grease on the male plug and wrapped in in coax seal then wrapped it again with good electrical tape. After pulling all that off, the connector/connection looks like new. Re-seating it makes no difference (I was hoping the camera would reboot). I don't recall the specs on the cat5 but it's super heavy duty stuff. The camera is powered by a 12VDC power supply via 12 gauge wire which also powers the other camera.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After digging deeper I found the camera works fine, it was the power supply. I was using a 12vdc, 2amp "Alitov" ac/dc adapter which has worked for several years or more. When the camera stopped working, it was the first thing I checked and it measured a little over 12vdc. The problem is, I didn't check it correctly, there was no load on the power supply at the time. After thinking about it for a while, I went back and put a small load on the supply and it showed 9vdc. So I replaced the power supply and now the camera works fine!

My faithful Dahua is now back in operation.