First Mowing 2021

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

what bothers me most about these cameras is .... the sony handycam i paid $800 for in 2010 is still capable of dealing with light and color a lot better. shame on Dahua​

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

what bothers me most about these cameras is .... the sony handycam i paid $800 for in 2010 is still capable of dealing with light and color a lot better. shame on Dahua​
Perhaps you need to buy sony ip cameras for your hollywood production...
Try running that handycam outside 24/7. Shame on Sony...gotta give it to sony though...they equip some of their cams with 8mp sensors but require an additional license fee to use it. Otherwise out of the box its 1080p lol. The additional license fee to use a sensor you already paid for on a $2700 camera? $749. Just like some NVR's that have the same spec for 8 and 16ch...

Last edited:

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Perhaps you need to buy sony ip cameras for your hollywood production...
Try running that handycam outside 24/7. Shame on Sony...gotta give it to sony though...they equip some of their cams with 8mp sensors but require an additional license fee to use it. Otherwise out of the box its 1080p lol. The additional license fee to use a sensor you already paid for on a $2700 camera? $749. Just like some NVR's that have the same spec for 8 and 16ch...

None of this explains the discrepancy. one can maintain during changing times of the day and or weather changes while the other cannot. the latter is only one year old while the first is ten years old.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
None of this explains the discrepancy. one can maintain during changing times of the day and or weather changes while the other cannot. the latter is only one year old while the first is ten years old.
What discrepancy? Your issue is color reproduction? Lots of things affect that including wdr. Again this is a surveillance camera. Not a camcorder. Try using your camorder in low light. Yeah thought so. What other cameras in this price range have you tested? If you want professional videos of yourself riding a mower may I suggest a go pro.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
no offense, but I can do the same with my $25 Wyze V3 (except no zooming)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is my point exactly. I agree.
Your wyzecam is not even close to a dahua starlight 4mp with a 1/1.8 sensor at night. Your images are also full of pixelation indicating either poor setup on the dahua, user error by reencoding in blue iris or some other serious user error. It's like you have never seen any dahua video on this forum.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your wyzecam is not even close to a dahua starlight 4mp with a 1/1.8 sensor at night. Your images are also full of pixelation indicating either poor setup on the dahua, user error by reencoding in blue iris or some other serious user error. It's like you have never seen any dahua video on this forum.
well, if you could direct me to an education i would take it seriously.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dont be lazy passive aggressive asshole. There are litterally hundreds of threads on this subject on the forum.
passive aggressive asshole? i was being dead serious. i did not pay hundreds of dollars so i would have to study a effin text book on how to get this product to function properly. Personally, i not only think you are being an asshole but i would like to put you down like the bitch you are. want to meet? I do. keep it up and i will start searchin. we will see how high and mighty you are eye to eye.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
passive aggressive asshole? i was being dead serious. i did not pay hundreds of dollars so i would have to study a effin text book on how to get this product to function properly. Personally, i not only think you are being an asshole but i would like to put you down like the bitch you are. want to meet? I do. keep it up and i will start searchin. we will see how high and mighty you are eye to eye.
And tubby and his tractor are now gone. He would drop dead of a heart attack if he had to walk 3 feet. Let alone try to swing at me.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm, here are some things I learned in life:
  1. Never argue with or challenge your parents. Dad will bust your chops;
  2. Never argue with your teacher. He/she will fail you;
  3. Never argue with your boss. He/she will fire you; and most importantly ...
  4. Never, ever argue with a message board staff member; You'll get banned for life.
Did I miss anything?

Last edited: