Firmware upgrade DS-2DC2132-I to V5.2.0 build 140721 (from V5.1.0 build 140411)

DrBo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have searched in vain for some info on doing (or NOT doing!) a firmware-upgrade of my 5 cams.

I have the following:

As you can see, all cams have firmware V5.1.0 - but different builds! What worries me is that on HikVisions portal, only V5.1.0 build 131202 is available - i.e., the version currently on my 5th camera (V5.1.0 build 140411) does not seem to be available anywhere (even though it is more recent than the build 131202 version). The V5.1.2 build 140116 also seems older than my V5.1.0 build 140411 (I assume the datecode is YYMMDD). :worried::wondering:

On the portal, I have the following to choose from:

Do I go to V5.1.2, and then V5.2.0?? Or directly to V5.2.0??

Can I expect to be able to upgrade directly via the cameras web-interface ("Remote Upgrade"):

- or do I have to use tftp?? In that case, does tftp work through my separate PoE-switch (have to be able to power the camera)??

Any and all pieces of advice are very welcome and will be highly appreciated! Sorry if this has been covered thoroughly in another thread - I have not been able to find it!

BR Bo

Attachments

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have searched in vain for some info on doing (or NOT doing!) a firmware-upgrade of my 5 cams.

I have the following:

As you can see, all cams have firmware V5.1.0 - but different builds! What worries me is that on HikVisions portal, only V5.1.0 build 131202 is available - i.e., the version currently on my 5th camera (V5.1.0 build 140411) does not seem to be available anywhere (even though it is more recent than the build 131202 version). The V5.1.2 build 140116 also seems older than my V5.1.0 build 140411 (I assume the datecode is YYMMDD). :worried::wondering:

On the portal, I have the following to choose from:

Do I go to V5.1.2, and then V5.2.0?? Or directly to V5.2.0??

Can I expect to be able to upgrade directly via the cameras web-interface ("Remote Upgrade"):

- or do I have to use tftp?? In that case, does tftp work through my separate PoE-switch (have to be able to power the camera)??

Any and all pieces of advice are very welcome and will be highly appreciated! Sorry if this has been covered thoroughly in another thread - I have not been able to find it!

BR Bo
Do not upgrade....I did !! all Chinese...I am Chinese I don't care. but the fking nvr refused to connect. language mismatch!!! If you did upgrade, then you have to set up the camera with onif.