firmware issue

boily

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys I recently purchased a colorvu DS-2CD2347G2-LU and I upgraded the firmware from the Hikvision site which is V5.5.801-210727. That was successful but I want the white light to turn on with motion which that does not support so I tried to install V5.5.160 but it wont update. I am wondering is it wont update because it is installing an older firmware.
thanks

cerebros

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got the same issue and from a quick google I've done it does appear to be the case that you can't replace a firmware version with an older version using the camera's maintenance form.

There did appear to be a method to do so but it supposedly no longer works with 5.4.0 firmware and newer (How to downgrade Hikvision cameras (firmware downgrade)? — SecurityCamCenter.com)

This is, needless to say, something of an annoyance as the linkage of the light with motion detection was part of the reason I bought this particular camera

boily

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it sorted I contacted the supplier that I bought the camera off and they provided me with a working firmware.

boily

n3wb
Reaction score
its version 5.5.115 build 210817 It's an Australian version I don,t know if that matters. If you are interested I can send the file.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
its version 5.5.115 build 210817 It's an Australian version I don,t know if that matters. If you are interested I can send the file.
Thanks for that info.
It was more for the benefit of other forum users who will presumably face the same issue following an update to fix the current unauthenticated RCE vulnerability.