Firmware 5.3.0

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is it available? Or at the very least where to get 5.2.8?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any higher - Ask fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
why is this? why not upgrade to 5.2.5 from lower?
Because there is no benefit of upgrading (particulalrly if you are running 5.1.6 or 5.2.0)...if you camera is working why mess with it...there are some security updates, however, you should not be relying on manufacture firmware updates for security -they are months behind..the cameras should not be exposed to the net directly-use vpn and/or stream via the NVR or run software with a webserver (blue iris, milestone, ivms is supposed to have one as well, dont know if it works)..if you must forward, only forwarding port 8000 (media port) and not the http port helps as well.

balloozer

n3wb
Reaction score
I realize this thread is a few months old, but for what it's worth, I just received a DS-2CD2032-I through Amazon.com. I bought the "English Retail Box" version, believing it was supported/covered by warranty. It came with firmware 5.2.5, and I already had another one with 5.3.0 on it, so I figured what the heck... try the firmware upgrade. Well... I downloaded from Hikvision's site, the US-EN 5.3.0 version (build 150153) and it installed flawlessly.

However, after reboot, I couldn't log back in with the admin password I entered earlier. I contacted Hikvision support in the US, who informed me the camera was not made I the US, or covered by them. I had to email China's support with the serial number to reset the default password. While waiting or them to respond, I found a thread that suggested unpowering the camera, holding the reset button down and plugging back in. I held for 10 secs and released. I tried to login again and was asked to reset the default password. Thank god!

Bottom line. Successful upgrade to 5.3.0, but not without pain. No more upgrades for me!

camo

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded to firmware 5.3.0 off Euro site, on US version 2032 and now can't access with any browser. No GUI at all, tried 3 different browsers changed IP address to see if something was blocking it. Should of left well enough alone. Camera settings only accessible through iVMS-4200 now. Didn't lose the password or anything like that just no browser GUI. Oh yeah tried the browser shttp plug in also, still no go.