Finalizing Import?

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had some issues with BI and decided to do a re-install. I downloaded the latest version and now I'm stuck on this "Finalizing Import" for probably the last 14 hours.

Finalizing Import.jpg

I assume it's rebuilding the database? Or, it's stuck. I'm not sure how much database I had but probably 80 or so TB.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, it's getting ridiculous. Still going. I'm thinking about shutting down, pulling the hard drives and then re-starting. I can do without the database restore (if that's what this is).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, it's getting ridiculous. Still going. I'm thinking about shutting down, pulling the hard drives and then re-starting. I can do without the database restore (if that's what this is).
Shut it down. A database rebuild is no longer than a few minuets even on 80TB of storage. and it would rebuild after starting BI not display "finalizing import"..

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Man, kind of at a loss here. I've deleted everything Blue Iris and tried a reinstall with the same results. All storage hard drives wiped. DB and Logs cleared. I didn't wipe the registry...yet. Might just go full nuclear and do a clean reinstall of windows the BI.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Perspective Software

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us take the time to just setup from scratch as a lot of times any issues you were experiencing are brought in with the import.

If you want to try an import, I would suggest going back to a version you know that worked from here and start there and see if it will get going and then update from there.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, it has to have something to do with my saved configuration. I did a full up windows re-install then installed BI. I did the import settings and then it's stuck on this.

20221225_211534.jpg

Going to re-do everything. This gives me a chance to ditch deepstack and start with codeproject.