FI9900P and Blue Iris

Soccerdude

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris up and running fine with 4 ACTI cameras but for some reason decided to try a Foscam FI9900P. I can see the camera and the video within the Foscam software but have tried everything i can think of within Blue Iris and it will not connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Soccerdude

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I got it configured finally. Running the latest BI doesnt have the C1/C2 FI990x RTSP as an option. Had to use Onvif Device Manager and change the password using it. Some how it started working. Thanks for your suggestions pozzello.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Buggel , that link is 404 for me as well.

Maybe the HTTP port isn't the typical 80, so it must be put at the end of the URL like :XX.
I know I had a Foscam once that the default HTTP port was 88 so the URL was camera-IP:88 into the browser to reach the cam's webGUI.

If so, you could install the free Fing app on your smartphone, get onto your LAN's Wi-Fi with it, scan your network, find the cam, select it, then scan for its ports; it should reveal any available ports on the cam like HTTP, RTSP, HTTPS, etc.

lockheart

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to add to this post, given it is still a top result for Foscam 9800P and 9900P cameras and Blue Iris.

In addition to adding :88 to the camera IP, you can also change the "Discovery/Onvif port" value to 888, default used by Foscam, which then allows detection of the stream paths for main and sub streams. Make those changes and then click "Find/inspect".