Face recognation in 5216-16p-i dahua nvr

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
If i have 5216-16p-i nvr wizmind series can I use face recognation functions with regular dahua IPC cameras or I need to buy face detection cameras?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the camera has the Smart Plan "Face Detection" your all good. In genereal all 5-series or better cameras have this.

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera has the Smart Plan "Face Detection" your all good. In genereal all 5-series or better cameras have this.
But if nvr5216-16p-i have face detection function I must also have cameras with face detection function or I can use normal dahua IPC cameras and use Tha. As face recognation cameras becouse my nvr support this function?

treborr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi it is my first post here and I have no too much experiences with face recognition.
You need AI NVR and then you can use "normal IPC cams". I was not satisfied with the result. I was not able to setup it for online identification.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us have found in home settings that facial recognition is more gimmicky and novelty than anything else. If you have to put in 5 or 10 or 15 pictures of yourself for it to recognize it is you...then you shouldn't expect much....

Heck even in ideal situations like a business with the camera at ideal height and optimal lighting it fails.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Bara1980 yes you can use "dumb" cameras and let the nvr do the face detection AND face recognition, it can be any Onvif/Rtsp camera. That will use another "Ai-slot" and therefore not recommended. So better use the face detection smart plan, this is a standard feature with the cameras you want to use anyway (camera and image quality).

Agree fully with @wittaj , this is not a feature to rely on. You will not have false positives but you will be mad after a while when the camera doesn't recognise you.