experience with IP8M-T2499EW

sillycam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the IP8M-T2499EW camera? I was looking at these as a cheaper cam for a few locations. I have some Hikvision bullet cameras now. I am on BI.

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
They're pretty good in the daytime. At night, pretty grainy. If you need to identify something at night, forget it, use a 4MP with a bigger sensor instead. The best part of the 2499 is that the turret is just a little smaller than the Hik's, and so they are easier to get into tight places. Built-in audio as well. Amcrest sells these and you can "sideload" Dahua firmware on it. Or forget all that, order these from Andy, and enjoy.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't fall into the pixel trap. Sensor size is what really counts for low light situations. That camera is advertised as a 1/2.5" sensor which, especially in 8MP won't perform worth a hoot in low light conditions unless you add a few external IR illuminators. Look at the 5442 series as @TonyR mentioned. 4MP with a larger sensor means much better low light performance. If you want something less expensive, look at the 3241T-ZAS, 2MP with a 1/2.8" sensor.