Expanding alert clips availability

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings all:

I'm trying to find information on how to extend the time that alert clips are displayed on the left panel of v. 5 in Blue Iris.

Currently, the panel only shows the recent 12 hours of alert clips. I'd really like to have at least 48 hours available to review, as I'm not looking at this every day.

I hope I've described my inquiry correctly and appreciate greatly any help!

Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine show the entire day in the alert clips, and if I open up the calendar icon and select clearn/cancel, then I see all the alerts back to as far as I have storage.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is what I would expect to see, but my calendar only has clips for the current day and shows empty for all prior days. I have a 4TB WD purple drive with 3TB free. Storage is set to retain clips for 30 days.

I'm at a loss to figure this out...thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you haven't set the Alerts to only 12 hours in clips and archiving or a crazy small amount of storage - that would blow them out every 12 hours.

Also what version BI are you on? Some recent updates folks have had to delete the DB folder in order to get stability.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Make sure you haven't set the Alerts to only 12 hours in clips and archiving or a crazy small amount of storage - that would blow them out every 12 hours.

Also what version BI are you on? Some recent updates folks have had to delete the DB folder in order to get stability.

I'm on release 5.7.1.3 x64. Below is a screenshot of my video clip settings.

I've been running this server for two years starting with version 4.0 and upgraded to 5.0 last year.

Really appreciate your help!
Screenshot 2023-03-18 1.29.39 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-18 1.16.52 PM.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post the screenshot for the Alerts folder as that will determine what the retention policy is for alerts?

Are you moving from NEW to STORED on the same drive or to a NAS? If they are same drive or a drive within the computer, the best practice is to leave everything in NEW and not used STORED.

Geewiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see no way to turn off the "Move to folder" option. It will not unclick.

I just deleted the current NEW and STORED folders and recreated them. Interestingly, there were may files from end of September 2022 and before, but only todays current files after.

Not sure what's going on....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You simply tell it to Delete instead of Move.

What does the Alerts folder show for data retention?

What version BI are you on?

It might make sense to stop the service and delete the DB folder and the old video files and let it start fresh.