ExacqVision ELP Viability behind Cellular Internet

kelton325

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello - I recently purchased a property equipped with 4 Bosche Autodome 7000 cameras and an ExactVision ELP NVR. This was previously a commercial property but is now owned for my personal use. I would like to re-use the very nice equipment versus buying a bunch of Ring cameras or something similar. The property is very remote and the internet connectivity is via a Cradlepoint LTE cellular modem router (IBR600) which gets a great Verizon signal luckily. My issue is that the IP address is not publicly addressable. I have read that you can buy a public IP for $500. I am also exploring a VPN connection, however not sure I want to commit the time to learning and maintaining a complex setup. I am capable of figuring all of this out, however it will take dozens of hours to get it going I suspect and I'll end up constantly tweaking settings, etc. Before I make any significant investments, my question is should I move on from the ExacqVision ELP into something a little more modern?

Here are my requirements for the system:

• Does not require public IP and/or VPN
  • Motion detection and alert to cell phone (iOS alerts)
  • Ability to browse and PTZ via web or mobile app
  • Does NOT record footage in the cloud as that will eat my bandwidth quickly - obviously I'll use bandwidth viewing live feed but don't want a bunch of clips uploading constantly (a concern with Ring as it uploads every motion trigger)
  • Has configurable quality of live stream, again to manage bandwidth
  • Powers back on automatically without intervention after a power outage

Thanks in advance for your advice.