East Palestine Ohio Train Derailment

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have many members here that are east by wind or downstream by river of this major derailment and subsequent controlled burn, so thought I would make a thread for those east of this. This is right at Ohio/Pennsylvania border.

Reports of cows and fish dying 100 miles away from site.

All of a sudden media isn't reporting on it, media have been arrested...what is the government hiding?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is sad, sad, sad. This was man made, so... on purpose. You've probably seen enough of my posts about distractions (and I truly believe the ones doing this care nothing about us), so I'll just leave this here...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Repeating from a post on another forum, the probable cause was a "hot box" axle failure, with a security camera 20 miles upstream showing sparks emitted from an axle.
Adding more from a retired railroad worker: The train likely passed at least 2 hotbox detectors in the 20 miles before the derailment, and if there's a serious axle problem, slamming the brakes can lead to forcing the problem car off the track. Adding to the risk is this section of track being on a downgrade. He's also wondering about the apparent media blackout.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Evansville City gets its water partially from the Ohio River. The city is gearing up to handle this in case the contamination from that train wreck makes its way all the way down here.

Governor DeWine was interviewed today on Fox, he seems almost as clueless as Biden.

As the folks who live there are concerned with, this is going to rear its ugly head three to five years down the road. The air and other test shown that the world trade center site was also safe. See how that worked out.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Evansville City gets its water partially from the Ohio River. The city is gearing up to handle this in case the contamination from that train wreck makes its way all the way down here.

Governor DeWine was interviewed today on Fox, he seems almost as clueless as Biden.

As the folks who live there are concerned with, this is going to rear its ugly head three to five years down the road. The air and other test shown that the world trade center site was also safe. See how that worked out.