Easiest way to get triggers from blue iris to tinycam

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the past I used a long winded way to get camera feeds to show in android tv by using blue iris motion detection to send a push through autoremote that then on android tv use tasker to open a tinycam window. Worked ok but I dont really want to have tasker on a droid tv device just for that..

I'm hoping to just use blueiris for all motion detection as it is now. Then tinycam on android tv due to its window mode. Don't want to have motion detection in tinycam as that'll mean the android tv device is always working hard which it's purpose is not primarily for camera feeds.

Can I use a push direct from blue iris to the a droid device that tinycam detects without any extra software or processing on the Android tv device? I'm likely looking over something I'm sure. My home automation is with hubitat, so don't want a raspberry pi implementation like home assistant etc.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you access UI3 in a web browser?
Nit ideal on android tv. Partly because it doesn't come with a browser by default.. And it wouldn't have window mode. Tinycam works and can access cams direct or the webserver of blueiris. But I'm not sure how it's best to get the motion trigger over to tinycam from blue iris without more software (like tasker and auto remote) which isn't ideal on a google tv (Android tv) device

hajalie24

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nit ideal on android tv. Partly because it doesn't come with a browser by default.. And it wouldn't have window mode. Tinycam works and can access cams direct or the webserver of blueiris. But I'm not sure how it's best to get the motion trigger over to tinycam from blue iris without more software (like tasker and auto remote) which isn't ideal on a google tv (Android tv) device
I tried it myself because I was curious.

I downloaded the app "TV Bro" and the experience is actually pretty decent on my chromecast w/ Google TV. You can use the remote as a mouse cursor and have full functionality it seems,

I don't know about windowed mode though, do you mean something like PiP or floating windows? I didn't think Google TV supported that (I know fire tv does.) But maybe you can find a browser that supports that or just use tinycam for the floating window and UI3 to play back recordings.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried it myself because I was curious.

I downloaded the app "TV Bro" and the experience is actually pretty decent on my chromecast w/ Google TV. You can use the remote as a mouse cursor and have full functionality it seems,

I don't know about windowed mode though, do you mean something like PiP or floating windows? I didn't think Google TV supported that (I know fire tv does.) But maybe you can find a browser that supports that or just use tinycam for the floating window and UI3 to play back recordings.
That's good to know for future.

I'm only monitoring on motion (while watching a movie) so no need to watch video in full screen in my case

Yes floating windows. Yeh it works. Need to allow draw over other apps in settings. That part works.

I tried installing Blue iris on google tv in the hope I could use its notifications but that doesn't open.. So at the moment I'm looking at going back to tasker and autoremote.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I run TinyCam on my nVida Shield. I always thought the built in motion detection with different alarms worked pretty well?

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I run TinyCam on my nVida Shield. I always thought the built in motion detection with different alarms worked pretty well?
I'm running this on a google tv so was concerned that the motion detection may be a constant drain on the processor, taking into account my bluebiris pc is always on doing the work of motion detection already. I have a shield but it's not in the place where I need the camera feed shown on motion.

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I pretty much do it the same way, but instead of autoremote, I'm using pushover.

You can't send triggers directly to tinycam. Tinycam requires you to use tasker to execute the floating window anyway. It would be very cool if we could just do this with a webhook to avoid the middleman, as it seems like a feature many people would like.

As you've already discovered, BI push notifications don't work on Android TV. Then again, it's just another middleman -- you're not saving resources over using autoremote or any other push receiver.

I hope someday the tinycam dev integrates this feature for us

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im still using AITool for DS vs. using it integrated through BI. I use AITool to send a pushover notification with an image when DeepStack detects a "Person" between 11pm-5am. Right now Im using the app "Notifications for Android TV" to push the notification from my Android phone to Android TV run on multiple ShieldTV's located in different rooms of my house.

I too am also trying to find a way to automate TinyCam Pro opening on Android TV on these notifications.