DS-7600NI-E1(E2) Admin name corrupted

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI,

I upgraded to the newest UK version NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.96_170921, and I thought it went OK until I tried to login and found he following:

1. Admin name was random letters
2. 27 other users names were present the same random letter letters as the admin
3. After redrawing the login password multiple times, if I attempt to login it says it's wrong

I am pretty sure the admin file is corrupted, so whats the best way to try and fix this? I was thinking about putting the latest American version on the unit and see what happens or will that SOL my unit? Also can the default name be edited?

I tried to reflash the unit with the UK firmware but didn't fix anything

Any ideas when the 4.XX versions might be out

Thanks for any help :)

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
try downgrade it to 3.4.92. if you can't. you have to send the password reset file to hikvision or your local vendor. they will send you a another file for reset your password. it aslo erased all the user too.

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I just reset everything to default and installed the USA firmware, that fixed everything, I then install the UK version it works better .... Only issue I have now is to rename the default camera names, any quick way to do this since they have been added to the NVR..

tangcla

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I just reset everything to default and installed the USA firmware, that fixed everything, I then install the UK version it works better .... Only issue I have now is to rename the default camera names, any quick way to do this since they have been added to the NVR..
Hi, how did you reset and reflash firmware if you can't get in?
I'm in a similar situation with mine - firmware upgraded but database corrupt (and can't log in).

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I could get in, I just couldn't change the names of the extra users and admin, so I did a default reset pretty sure, then installed new firmware.. You have to type your normal password, but have to select the messed up admin name to get in if I remember right. I still haven't changed the names of the camera, doesn't seem to take once you have a name in place. It's just bad UI and QA !!