DS-2CD6412FWD Firmware problem

orator

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
just bought a DS-2CD6412FWD camera on amazon. Later released that it was chinese version. have tried many times to upgrade firmware but with no luck. i tried upgrading via browser but it was saying Language Mismatch. Then via tftp, but it stops at "...192.0.0.128 initializing". I dont know what to do. Please help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
just bought a DS-2CD6412FWD camera on amazon. Later released that it was chinese version. have tried many times to upgrade firmware but with no luck. i tried upgrading via browser but it was saying Language Mismatch. Then via tftp, but it stops at "...192.0.0.128 initializing". I dont know what to do. Please help!
Why are you trying to upgrade the firmware? Is there something wrong?

orator

n3wb
Reaction score
i want to use ezviz, because my isp is blocking ports. i cant reach it on internet. Can i do something about it?

orator

n3wb
Reaction score
i am not living in usa. my camera came with 5.1 installed in english (hacked). i havent tried chinese firmware because i couldnt find it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am not living in usa. my camera came with 5.1 installed in english (hacked). i havent tried chinese firmware because i couldnt find it.
What ports is your isp blocking? who is your isp? what type of service is it? cable? satelite etc?
The most secure way to do this is via VPN.
trying to update the firmware is asking for trouble and ezvis will likely not work.

orator

n3wb
Reaction score
telecom via cable. the problem is that after playing around with firmwares, mail alert isnt working now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
telecom via cable. the problem is that after playing around with firmwares, mail alert isnt working now.
post an image of the cameras network settings page and email settings page.
Most isp's only block port 80 and a few others..you can use other ports...in fact to view the camera remotely all you need is the media port which is 8000 by default.