DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZSWG/P ANPR missing digits

Reaction score
Hi all, recently installed the above camera on an automatic gate entrance system for a customer. We have run the Wiegand output through a 4G controller similar to a Paxton setup but standalone. We have set the settings up to be optimum for ANPR only but am having issues on the Hik intermittently missing digits from a number of plates. Am I doing something wrong?this is the first ANPR Setup I have put in - the 4G woegand side is working great when the correct number plate is sent across. See pics for clarification.
Any help would be massively appreciated ECBBA150-3943-4452-BA75-AE7BC0717702.jpegBAFBA9F3-2908-400A-9DB6-5BFE05D7F229.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are incredible close up shots - shouldn't be missing those!

I remember seeing a post here where someone did a comparison and showed that basically the ANPR in cameras are not accurate - I thought someone said like 30-50% - especially if you cannot specify a region. Most here have had better success with OpenALPR or Plate Recognizer. I can tell you plates in the US are not that large and many of us have great success with one of these two options.

Both of these offer a free trial and I would suggest you try both and compare to what the camera is providing and see if one is more accurate for the location you are at.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yea well they fixed that stuff in newer serie 7A26, but you can try make it better with exposure time playing with shutter speed.

Image taken by camera and algorithm that detects licence its not in sync. Sometimes what u see in image, algorithm didnt see it that way when it checked.