DS-2CD3345F-I, Language Mismatch and No Resource

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Putting together the following NVR and cameras -
1 x DS-7804N-K1/4P NVR running v3.4.90 (English, hacked) firmware.
3 x DS-2CD3345F-I cameras running v5.5.12 (Chinese) firmware.

Language Mismatch (solved)
  • Tried Hikvision and ONVIF protocols, but they show language mismatch. Bit surprised at ONVIF doing that, to be honest.
  • The cameras are now working using the Canon protocol, but there's no substream support on that one. Seller was good in providing this info (and up-front that these were Chinese cameras).
No Resource on 2*2 (still outstanding)
  • Without substeams the NVR 2*2 display is trying to show all 3 cameras at full resolution, resulting in "No Resource" for the 3rd panel. :(
  • I've tried custom protocol settings, but I'm not having any success with the paths.
  • Any ideas how to solve the 'No Resource' issue and display all 3 cameras at once?
There's a slight chance I'll be able to achieve SSH access to the NVR - just waiting on the password (admin and hiklinux both failed).

PS: Should I be looking more deeply into the thread regarding Watchdata EMV chips in R6, G0 and other cameras ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras are now working using the Canon protocol,
I've tried custom protocol settings, but I'm not having any success with the paths.
A good way to confirm the RTSP paths is to use ONVIF Device Manager, from sourceforge.net
Check the URL at the bottom of the Live Video page.
For the path, it's the part after the :<port_number> starting with the /

There's a slight chance I'll be able to achieve SSH access to the NVR
To make use of that you'd need hacked firmware that gets 'psh' out of the way, as there is no support for Linux-oriented commands and access.

Reactions: gth

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A good way to confirm the RTSP paths is to use ONVIF Device Manager, from sourceforge.net
Check the URL at the bottom of the Live Video page.
For the path, it's the part after the :<port_number> starting with the /
I did try that tool, but didn't have much luck getting a working stream to begin with. I think it uses a separate set of user credentials, from memory. I'll try again with a bit more patience.

To make use of that you'd need hacked firmware that gets 'psh' out of the way, as there is no support for Linux-oriented commands and access.
I'm not averse to trying these kinds of steps. Reverse engineering is a great read. While I'm fine hacking at firmware or even changing a lens, I'm horrible with an iron so consider me cheering ya'll on from the sidelines when it comes to the actual chips. :)