DS-2CD2385G1-I Laggy Live View On IE,Chrome But Not iPhone App Hik-Connect

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DS-2CD2385G1-I 8 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera-Hikvision

Just setup my new DS-2CD2385G1-I today but having a problem with super laggy slow Mainstream Live View on IE and Chrome on desktop computer and laptop. It came with firmware 5.5.83_190221 which is latest when I checked Hikvision EU portal. Recorded videos downloaded from the microSD card they are smooth and clear no problem. Substream is smooth no issues.

Removed microSD card and nothing is recording to test if its camera processor working too hard. Same thing laggy with nothing recording I don't have a NVR connected either.

The poe switch only has this camera, my laptop, and a wifi router connected. Nothing is on the router - i only use it to generate a wifi signal so I can use my phone to connect to this network to test this camera.

Tried factory reset couple times, set all options with different combinations. Resolution 4K/1080P, variable/constant bitrate, video quality on highest and lowest, max bitrate from low to high, h.265 to h.264 and tried h.265+ on/off, iframe to 20fps matching the frame rate etc...

Basically all combinations will result in slow laggy live view that freezes when i watch the time the seconds will stop then jump to 5 seconds later.

I thought maybe if I test it with the iVms 4200 3.1 client application on the computer and not use browser but same problem.

Hik-Connect and IVMS-4500 app on my iPhone 8 the live view is super smooth and clear on the "clear" setting. It says 3840x2160 so I believe it's the mainstream I'm viewing. I couldn't test Safari and Chrome on my iphone to see if problem is same when viewing through browser - it shows plugin required and can't click anywhere to download the plugin.

Anyone have any similar issue with a 4K Hikvision? Any help appreciated.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG IMG_1244.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What happens when you match "I frame interval" to same as FPS (shown as 20) and lower the "video quality" from "Highest" ?