DS-2CD2035FWD-I aspect ratio wrong

ZipPortal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I own 8 European bought (official distributor) Hikvision DS-2CD2035FWD-I camera's, both with 4mm and 2.8mm lenses. I have problems with them and Hikvision support isn't really taking it seriously. As I experience the problem with all 8 of my camera's, I cannot believe I would be the only one experiencing the problems.

With firmware version V5.5.4, everything is fine and works as expected. All versions after that (V5.5.51, V5.5.61) screw it up completely.

The problem: after upgrading, it screws up the aspect ratio of the camera.
  • With the latest firmware, the jpg snapshot (http://IP/Streaming/channels/1/picture) is 1920x1080 in size, but the perspective is weird and wrong. The image is kind of crushed together.

• The videostream (rtsp://IP/Steaming/Channels/101) shows the right perspective but is suddenly turned into a 4:3 aspect ratio while it's set to 1920x1080. It also happens with the second and third stream channel.

• Even weirder: the iVMS-stream in the app is the right aspect ratio, but with the same weird crushed together scene as the snapshot.

See the included images for a direct comparison. Both are same camera, same place, same day. Top image is the jpg-snapshot, bottom image is taken from the rtsp-stream. V5.5.4 shows the right sizes, aspect ratio and perspective. The V5.5.51 versions completely screwed up imagery. The building is suddenly lower and fatter, the parked car looks like a very flat limousine suddenly. Unacceptable images.

As said, Hikvision hasn't really responded to it but I can't believe it's only me (with 8 devices affected). More people experiencing this problem?

Attachments

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Try turning off capture on the camera web GUI see if that fixes your problem

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score

ZipPortal

n3wb
Reaction score
I know, I can see it in other Hikvision types I own too. But it's not available on at least 5.5.4 and later on the 2035, I swear.