ds-2cd2032-i bricked from v5.2.5 to v5.3.0 can anyone help

phil

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all and hope i can resolve my problem
my setup is 4 x ds-2cd2032-i all Chinese imported to the uk with eng language v5.2.5 firmware on ds7604se/p nvr with a 3tb wd purple hdd

updated in the nvr on 1 ipcam to v5.3.0 from http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html

after update got nothing from the cam in plug and play or manual

Could see it in tools sadp but it came up as 2xx minhostdll and a serial number and said firmware was 4.0 something

downloaded and ran tftp server and ran with digicap.dav v5.2.3 from hikvision eu portal says update completed but now can not see it in sadp

just tryed v5.2.5 too still same result

anyone have any thoughts or experience on this

Can only now communicate with the ipcam with ping & tftp on 192.0.0.64

Last edited by a moderator:

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same for me with ds-2cdminsystem.. serial

Tftpd back to 525, everything works fine. If still brick, and not showing up 9n sadp, you can try to restore the original mtds through telnet

phil

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply

yeah was exactly like that in sadp lol

i did try the 5.2.5 from a thread in someones dropbox but that did not work either , will try that link firmware tftp now and get back to u asap

phil

n3wb
Reaction score
ok so worked sort of lol

ran tftdp twice with the chinese 5.2.5 but still nothing

so cut the power held the blue reset button and powered back on while holding for 15 seconds

bang , now have the cam back online but with language mismatch so stuck with the language issue in browser lol so now need to learn how to change the language for it to work with my nvr

rai555

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, have same issue after update to v5.3.0 - uploaded firmware with Internet Explorer and no luck, just spinning wheel of progress for an hour. Could wait for longer but thought not much point. Disconnected power and later on my camera is no more to be seen on iVMS or SADP. Tried reset button on the back and no luck.
I wonder is there any chance to bring it back to life? Many thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the sticky at the start of the forum hikvision and the brick recovery is there.