Downgrade firmware Annke/Hikvision Cube DS-2d2420f

Bazzzerh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I bought an old Annke Cube I61DR and because of the backdoor issue went an upgraded the firmware, In my enthusiasm after seening 4 further upgrade versions I went ahead and installed them one by one, all sucsessfully, now rather pleased with myself..... however it turns out that although the firm ware upgrades were sucsessful, you know wher I'm going now.....! yes the camera works for viewing and thats it! No mic, No ir, No pir, no recording, no alarms.... just viewing! Yes I have fallen in the trap of if it aint broke!, but I did have good reason, just over enthusiatic to say the least!
Well I obviously have tried to downgrade and of course it says no...
Have tried the tftp server method still no go, so before my £15 investment goes in the bin does anyone know how to spoof the older firmware to a newer version?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed them one by one, all sucsessfully,
What was the last version you installed?

Anything useful in this thread :
People don't seem to have any problems using the Hikvision firmware.

Bazzzerh

n3wb
Reaction score
What was the last version you installed?

Anything useful in this thread :
People don't seem to have any problems using the Hikvision firmware.
Thanks Alastair, that was the post that I got the info and method from.... the version that has installed is V5.4.83 build 181011
The camera works but the pir is now defunct! Just wondered if there is anyway of making it think that an older firware was a new one...