Does this mean I have a BI memory leak?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've been testing the latest few BI releases and I've noticed that my BI workstation has been running out of memory. This has never happened before and I have not made any changes/updates etc. since I started noticing this. The attached screen shots show the difference between BI's memory usage after initial start-up and about 12 hours later. I always like to help test releases for Ken and get back to him with anything I experience. For now, I'll revert back to the latest stable version. Thanks!

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your system only has 8Gb? Personally I’d recommend 12Gb as a minimum, I initially only had 8Gb but increasing to 12Gb just made things run smoother.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your system only has 8Gb? Personally I’d recommend 12Gb as a minimum, I initially only had 8Gb but increasing to 12Gb just made things run smoother.
I really wish I could upgrade but everything I read about my Dell OptiPlex 3010 is that 8 is the max.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I really wish I could upgrade but everything I read about my Dell OptiPlex 3010 is that 8 is the max.
8 is not the max. Update the bios but even that is probably not needed.
Blue iris benefits from dual channel memory, so if you have one stick of 8 add a second stick of 8.
that wont solve the leak though.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
8 is not the max. Update the bios but even that is probably not needed.
Blue iris benefits from dual channel memory, so if you have one stick of 8 add a second stick of 8.
that wont solve the leak though.
Thanks @fenderman, in looking at the screen shots does it appear there's a memory leak. I'm glad to hear that 8 isn't the max for my workstation. I'll look for 2 8 gb sticks.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
@fenderman... I installed this version and I'm still experiencing the memory leak. This driver was recommended when I scanned my system with the Dell Utility. Should I look for something newer than this elsewhere?

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 6.56.17 PM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman... I installed this version and I'm still experiencing the memory leak. This driver was recommended when I scanned my system with the Dell Utility. Should I look for something newer than this elsewhere?

View attachment 78713
You need a much newer driver. The problem with the dell oem windows install is that it wont let you easily install the newest intel driver and will tell you that the driver is not compatible. Google it and you will find instructions on how to install the intel driver on the dell oem windows. Then download the latest driver and test.
This is one of the many reasons I always recommend installing a clean version of windows with the MS media creation tool.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You need a much newer driver. The problem with the dell oem windows install is that it wont let you easily install the newest intel driver and will tell you that the driver is not compatible. Google it and you will find instructions on how to install the intel driver on the dell oem windows. Then download the latest driver and test.
This is one of the many reasons I always recommend installing a clean version of windows with the MS media creation tool.
Thanks, I'll check that out. This system was built clean just like you stated based on your advice earlier this year. I'll get a newer driver installed and see how it goes. Appreciate your response!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check that out. This system was built clean just like you stated based on your advice earlier this year. I'll get a newer driver installed and see how it goes. Appreciate your response!
Did you download the dell utility? if it was already there then you must have installed from dell media not MS media creation tool. If you used the MS tool, then you will have no issue installing the drivers.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did you download the dell utility? if it was already there then you must have installed from dell media not MS media creation tool. If you used the MS tool, then you will have no issue installing the drivers.
I downloaded the utility so that's good news. I'll go to the Intel site and look for the most recent version and install it. Thanks!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
just booted the elitedesk 800 g4.....came today.....happy with what i'm seeing for hardware. has a Windows image running that appears to be akin to a factory recovery or a Reset this PC, bloated up with Hp extras.
I can't remember what happens as far as license activation goes, when i bring it back to life with Media creation tool. I'm guessing it's not problem? Or would reset this pc to OOBE be good enough?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just booted the elitedesk 800 g4.....came today.....happy with what i'm seeing for hardware. has a Windows image running that appears to be akin to a factory recovery or a Reset this PC, bloated up with Hp extras.
I can't remember what happens as far as license activation goes, when i bring it back to life with Media creation tool. I'm guessing it's not problem? Or would reset this pc to OOBE be good enough?
it will activate no problem.