Does HIKVISION ColorVu Lite DS-2CD1027G0-LUF(C)(4.0) have wifi capabilities

anima9

n3wb
Reaction score
In replacing my old DS-2CD2020F-1W, I got a DS-2CD1027G0-LUF(C)(4.0). The problem is, I think I f'd up and forgot to check if the damn thing has Wifi capability.

I checked Ivms 4200 and my old cam has a WiFi option, but this one doesn't. Am I missing something? If I got the wrong model, can you point me to the model that has wifi?

Is there a way for me to make this new unit have wifi capability? It's going to be stationed high up and will be exposed to environmental stuff, but if there's something I can buy that can convert it to a wireless cam, I'll consider it even if it means taping something and covering it with duct tape.

PS: Will also see if I can replace it with something with wifi capability, but for now I'm willing to explore some DIY options.

Last edited:

Vandoe

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In replacing my old DS-2CD2020F-1W, I got a DS-2CD1027G0-LUF(C)(4.0). The problem is, I think I f'd up and forgot to check if the damn thing has Wifi capability.

I checked Ivms 4200 and my old cam has a WiFi option, but this one doesn't. Am I missing something? If I got the wrong model, can you point me to the model that has wifi?

Is there a way for me to make this new unit have wifi capability? It's going to be stationed high up and will be exposed to environmental stuff, but if there's something I can buy that can convert it to a wireless cam, I'll consider it even if it means taping something and covering it with duct tape.

PS: Will also see if I can replace it with something with wifi capability, but for now I'm willing to explore some DIY options.
No that one is POE. I would drop a line and have it hardwired. Way more dependable than Wi-Fi. Especially for a security camera.

anima9

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have an NVR. It's only one camera for our driveway, so Wi-Fi was good enough.