Does Dahua NVR make the phone app work any better?

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just curious if anyone who has the Dahua NVR has noticed if having an NVR gives the phone app better functionality/new features vs using it directly with cameras?

Specifically - I've noticed Hikvision IVMS-4500 and Milestone phone apps both have multiple live feeds when you first open the NVR/VMS, but Dahua's IDMSS app requires you to make a setup of which cameras you want to watch first, which is a PITA. I don't want to just see stills and then have to choose which cameras to watch when I open the app, I just want to see their live feeds automatically. It's definitely less user friendly.

Other things suck, too, like trying to get playback from camera to work (fails at least 50% of the time), getting to a specific point in time in playback mode (the damn transport jumps all over the place). It's just lame.

Are these things that can be mitigated by adding an NVR so the app sucks considerably less? Or is it just always going to suck?

Any other interesting extended functionality due to using w/ NVR rather than just with cameras, would love to hear it. Thanks

JulieD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the evohd app for my Dahuas on my iPhone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why I went with BI - I never had success with any NVR app over a phone. Playback and search of what happened just 20 minutes previously sucked, much less going back any more in time. As always YMMV.