Does anyone else get this error ?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Seem to always get this same error but don't really know what the error actually is.

error1.JPG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there's a good chance that it is the oldest file in your Aux 1 folder that is causing the error, whatever the error is. You might try deleting the oldest file manually. If it works it works, if it doesn't, then maybe you get more detail about why.

File deletions can fail for a number of reasons:

1) Disk hardware error.
2) The user account attempting deletion doesn't have permission to delete.
3) The file could be flagged read-only (this actually is enough to prevent some delete commands from working).
4) Some program has the file open.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Well there's a good chance that it is the oldest file in your Aux 1 folder that is causing the error, whatever the error is. You might try deleting the oldest file manually. If it works it works, if it doesn't, then maybe you get more detail about why.

File deletions can fail for a number of reasons:

1) Disk hardware error.
2) The user account attempting deletion doesn't have permission to delete.
3) The file could be flagged read-only (this actually is enough to prevent some delete commands from working).
4) Some program has the file open.
It appears to fix itself and then go away...but may reappear again....it just went through its last deletion process ok and I never did anything. Thanks for your input and I will keep checking it out.

eroor2.JPG

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably because it did not have to delete anything that time around ?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, took your advice and looked at the oldest files on Aux drive and behold....for some reason these files are hanging on and notice they are highlighted in red ?? I am going to manually delete them and see if this makes the error go away.

error3.JPG

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally after getting rid of the files with red outline posted above and the compacting database again the error has gone away :)
Thanks BP for steering me in the right direction !

error5.JPG