Does ADC2W work with BI

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This looks like the perfect camera for the purpose i need but the Amazon reviews have mixed results regarding Blue Iris, anyone know if it works?

I know wifi is not preferred, but i don't have an option for its location and I'm not to worried as all my main cameras are poe anyways.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This looks like the perfect camera for the purpose i need but the Amazon reviews have mixed results regarding Blue Iris, anyone know if it works?

I know wifi is not preferred, but i don't have an option for its location and I'm not to worried as all my main cameras are poe anyways.
yes

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep i see that article as well but the reviews where confusing and some of them are from Armcrest themselves saying rtsp etc does not work. It looks to be the same camera as the Dahua c26 and Imou looc
I read several including the question posed by amazon users using the search term "blue" and found a mixture of positive and negative answers regarding using it with Blue Iris. There I found that "The Amcrest Team" said it does work with BI, so perhaps only one way to find out, IMO.....I'd buy from amazon here and try it and if you can't get it to work, simply return it.

Let me offer my opinion about reviews from consumers on all sites but especially amazon: I have come to the conclusion that some people cannot pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. :highfive:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I read several including the question posed by amazon users using the search term "blue" and found a mixture of positive and negative answers regarding using it with Blue Iris. There I found that "The Amcrest Team" said it does work with BI, so perhaps only one way to find out, IMO.....I'd buy from amazon here and try it and if you can't get it to work, simply return it.

Let me offer my opinion about reviews from consumers on all sites but especially amazon: I have come to the conclusion that some people cannot pour pee out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel. :highfive:
Amen.
Post's on my local Nextdoor app proves this every single day. ;)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amen.
Post's on my local Nextdoor app proves this every single day. ;)
Not to mention the 1 star rating because they wanted a black can opener and the description clearly states "available in red only" and that's located under a picture of a red can opener. Jeez Louise..... :facepalm:

Last edited:

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally ended up getting this cam and here are some findings.

Pros:
It works perfectly with BI and supports substeams
ONVIF triggers work as I just copied all settings from my other Dahua cameras manually
Works offline without internet access for recording with BI
Records in H265, weirdly couldn't find an option to change to H264.

Cons:
Requires a Amcrest account for initial setup and configuration
Camera has no local web interface, so have to use the app with an internet connection if changes are needed
Cannot be added to DMSS with IP, it forces you to use the serial number connected to a cloud account.
Need to use app to view SD card content with internet.

Overall I'm happy with this camera for its purpose and ease of installation.

Last edited:

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally ended up getting this cam and here are some findings.

Pros:
It works perfectly with BI and supports substeams
ONVIF triggers work as I just copied all settings from my other Dahua cameras manually
Works offline without internet access for recording with BI
Records in H265, weirdly couldn't find an option to change to H264.

Cons:
Requires a Amcrest account for initial setup and configuration
Camera has no local web interface, so have to use the app with an internet connection if changes are needed
Cannot be added to DMSS with IP, it forces you to use the serial number connected to a cloud account.
Need to use app to view SD card content with internet.

Overall I'm happy with this camera for its purpose and ease of installation.
Thanks for the info. I used it to add the ADC2W to BI. Just to add to your excellent comments you can also update the settings for the ADC2W with the Amcrest IP Tool: IP Config Software

1619059048601.png

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I used it to add the ADC2W to BI. Just to add to your excellent comments you can also update the settings for the ADC2W with the Amcrest IP Tool: IP Config Software

View attachment 87498
I ended up using the full Amcrest NVR and that has also worked to get the settings dialed in just right, but the IP Tool looks even easier.

I actually use DMSS for 2 way audio and was disappointed this camera could not be added to it, however Amcrest View Pro works great with this camera, the interface is terrible though.

Have you found a way to get firmware updates? I give it internet access and check in on the app every couple months but prefer download and install manually.

Last edited: