do you need to reboot regularly?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS. It's been running pretty solidly for 2 years, but the last few weeks I've had to restart it (unplug the POE, replug the POE) in order to get access to it again. I notice this when BlueIris shows the camera as offline/unreachable. Once I unplug and replug the camera's POE cable, it runs for another day to week or so. It's been happening the last month maybe 6 times.

Not sure what is causing this issue all of the sudden. I don't think it's the weather since it's become nicer (less hot) recently.

Do you reboot your IP cameras at a regular period? How do you do it? Use a outlet timer to disconnect and reconnect the POE injector plug? Do do you have fancier POE switches that can regularly reboot?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can set up a reboot at scheduled times in the camera GUI itself.

Is there an SD card in it? That can cause this behavior when the card is failing.

When it shows offline in BI can you still access the camera via the GUI?

Have you updated BI recently and did the problems start around that time? Some of the updates have caused some issues and people have had to redo the find/inspect to get the camera stable in BI.

I had a camera that was doing that and a factory reset fixed it.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I don't have an SD card in there, and haven't updated the camera recently. I leave most of the AI stuff to a server, so no fancy AI running on the camera itself. When there's BI connection issues, I also can't access the camera web UI. Good idea about the factory reset and the scheduled reboot. I'll try that next. Thanks!

jmltech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could also be the power to the unit. Is the poe from a poe switch or brick power supply?
I have an engenius bridge that has been rock solid for almost a year. A few weeks ago one of the units started loosing connection. Once it rebooted it was fine for a day or so, then would lose connection again. Swapped out the brick power supply and the issue went away.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I reboot my cams once a week. I have them set for a time I'm always up and about (9am on Tue.).