DMSS Push Notifications and Disarmed IVS

phonebooth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have installed 4 Dahua TIOC 8MP turret cameras around the perimeter of my house. The cameras are connected directly to an 8ch Dahua NVR Lite.

I'm seeking advice on how to best handle notifications from the cameras. At present, I have both SMD and IVS enabled and they present an issue regarding notifications.

I receive lots of notifications just from walking around the outside of my house. Regardless of whether the IVS is disarmed via the DMSS app, I still receive push notifications to my mobile that the rule has been triggered. Ultimately I plan to disable SMD notifications once I have fine-tuned my IVS rules.

Is there any way to stop notifications from appearing if the NVR or individual camera is disarmed? I understand that there is a notification schedule but that isn't flexible enough to automatically cater for when I am/aren't at home.

I am open to disarming via REST API, if that is an option. I can use the iOS Shortcuts/Automations app to achieve this based on my location.

Thanks!

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is custom Alarm Centre firmware for some models which allow you to select push notifications as part of the disarming function, you might need to request it from Dahua

phonebooth

n3wb
Reaction score
I've managed to find the setting. The wording isn't the best so this didn't stand out initially.

If you set "Event Notifications" under Alarm > Disarming to "Close" it will not alert you while the system is disarmed. However, once you arm the system via DMSS (or the Web UI), it will alert you when an event is triggered.

The downside to this approach is that you won't receive motion alerts while you're at home with the Active Deterrence disarmed. It would be great if you could define these settings per camera.

I have been able to toggle the event notification setting via HTTP GET through the below URL. Despite what the Dahua API guide states, you must use Digest Authentication and not Basic Authentication.

Code:
Event notifications disabled: https://<IP>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&DisableEventNotify.Enable=true
Event notifications enabled: https://<IP>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&DisableEventNotify.Enable=false

geetee

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but under Alarm > Disarming, I don't see such option for "Event Notifications". May I know where exactly is this setting located?

phonebooth

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but under Alarm > Disarming, I don't see such option for "Event Notifications". May I know where exactly is this setting located?
Sorry, I’ve moved to Blue Iris and no longer have a Dahua NVR to look at. These settings were in the NVR config, not the cameras web interface. I believe the camera web interface only has a disarming option.

geetee

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe this is what you meant, this is an image I found in another thread, however, my NVR do not have this "Event Notifications" section, a bit weird.

Cursor_and_NVR1_jpg.jpg

phonebooth

n3wb
Reaction score
If you weren’t using P2P I’d understand why event notifications weren’t visible. Other than that, I’m not sure, sorry.

pizmako

n3wb
Reaction score
Im facing similar issue in camera IPC-HFW3841E-AS. I would like by API change push notification in DMSS app as disable. I can't find it (maybe it's possible only in DMSS app?)
I found this - but it doesn't;t work - setting in camera is changed but I still receive notifications in DMSS (maybe it's camera firmware issue?)

Do you know any idea how to solve it?
my need is to create scene in my smartphone which deactivate FTP snapshot upload in IVS (I did it and it works) and push notifications in DMSS app (I can't find it).