Disable Interior Cameras When Home

Reaction score
I have a few cameras inside the house, but I'd like to disable or pause the recording when either my wife or I am home. Is there some way I can do this? I have a SmartThings controller, which knows whether we are present or not based on our phone's locations and I also have an alarm system integrated with SmartThings that arms and disarms based on our location. If I could tie into that status and have it disable the cameras when the arm isn't set, that would be nice too. Anybody have any ideas? I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to BI.

Thanks!

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This can be accomplished entirely through BI using profiles, scheduling and geofencing.

I would suggest you watch this:

and then search the BI help file for geofencing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I still think I'm missing something. I see how I can set a schedule for a specific camera by going into the camera settings, however I don't see how I can do that through a Geofence enter/exit event. I can set a schedule when I enter/exit the geofence, but it seems to apply that schedule globally. So I still haven't been able to inactivate only specific cameras when I enter the geofence. Thanks for the help!

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One thing I should have mentioned is this requires the BI Mobile App for geofencing.

Here are step by step instructions...

1 - Setup your profiles. For this example I'll use "Home Day" and "Away Day".

Profiles.PNG

2 - Setup your global schedules for when you're typically home and away. In this example my schedule preset names are Home and Away.

Schedules.PNG

3 - In the BI console right click on the camera you want to configure and select "Camera properties..."
4 - Select the "Record" tab and configure the profile for "Home Day" so that it does not record and the "Away Day" so that it does record.

Home Record.PNG Away Record.PNG

5 - Setup the geofence option in the mobile app. (BI Mobile App required)

IMG_2131.png

6 - Go back to the Mobile devices tab in BI and setup the Enter and Exit geofence options

Mobile Devices.PNG

7 - Set the "inside" option to use the Home schedule and the "outside" option to use the Away schedule.

Inside.PNG Outside.PNG

Note: Use the "Only if all other devices are also Inside/Outside" appropriately if setting up multiple geofence devices

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the great writeup! This is exactly what I needed. I was missing the part on the "record" tab for each camera I wanted to disable. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I don't think I would have figured this out! I really appreciate it!