Different video rotations needed for different PTZ presets

polydactic

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if this has ever come up before/been an issue for anyone else (yes Virginia, I searched), but due to the way I need to mount an indoor cam (essentially extended vertically out over a ledge, so the left/right pan, when centered, is now pointing at the floor instead of the horizon), I need a different video rotation depending on the preset. I.e, when the camera is rotated towards the hallway, the 270° image rotation works great. When I "pan" the camera 180° to point towards the back door of the kitchen, I need the image rotation to be 90°, or the door is upside down:

Amcrest_Sideways - 1.jpeg

There are a whole lot of events that can be triggered when selecting a PTZ preset; changing the image rotation of the camera is not one of them.

Is there some workaround or hack someone can think of that I'm missing? Possibly the preset enabling a cloned version of the camera that has the opposite video rotation? This camera (an Amcrest IP4M-1051W) was clearly designed to be either mounted at table-level (or if mounted high, upside-down) to get full coverage, neither of which is an option for me. What would be an option would be to walk away from this, as from a security standpoint, I have virtually zero need for this, but now it's just something that's killed my Saturday, and I really want to figure out a solution before I tee it up with a 3-wood.

Anyone who solves this wins a free MicroSD to SD card adapter. Or 27 of them.