DHTek/Dahua OEM setup issue

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After checking with this forum first, I bought an "DHTek/Dahua" OEM version of the 2mp 30x ptz, just like this one:Amazon.com : DHTek/Dahua OEM PDN6CEU230H-I 2MP 30x Starlight H.265 POE IR PTZ Network Camera, 4.5~135mm(30x Optical Zoom), 6 IR LEDs, 200m Night Vision, Micro SD, IP67 IK10 (No Logo) : Camera & Photo. I didn't purchase from this link but what I purchased was new and unopened and shared the same model number.

While I'm still relatively new at this, I've used the Dahua IP config tool to set up several OEM cameras before. I'm able to initialize this camera, but am unable to modify the IP address or even view the camera configuration. Using the "view in browser" button similarly doesn't yield anything, nor did me changing my wireless adapter settings on my PC to match the camera's default IP address to view it that way. I've factory resetted a couple of times using the button inside the camera, but still no access to the camera. I've tried chrome, IE, and Edge browsers. For fun, I tried using the Amcrest IP config tool and it also found the camera but could not open the live view stream.

The default IP address for the camera is the default Dahua address, so it doesn't appear that the camera was intended for NVR use out of the box.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but nothing from the other threads of wikis yielded any obvious answers. Or do certain OEMs just have issues with modifying the IP address and require creative workarounds?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.