Design layout and camera requirements

Kimco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was checking out this tool (IPVM Designer / Calculator), which is pretty awesome, I like how you can select the camera and modify distance, width, etc.

What would be neat would be something that suggested cameras based on your needs.

Does anyone know of or have suggestions on how to find a camera based on the requirements for the location?

IPVM Designer/Calculator

Layout.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was checking out this tool (IPVM Designer / Calculator), which is pretty awesome, I like how you can select the camera and modify distance, width, etc.

What would be neat would be something that suggested cameras based on your needs.

Does anyone know of or have suggestions on how to find a camera based on the requirements for the location?

IPVM Designer/Calculator

View attachment 134801
Welcome @Kimco

Yes .. that would be nice .. however, that is a lot of work as Hikvision and Dahua are constantly making newer models .. and numerous brands are rebranding and coming out .. so it gets complex quickly ..

Kimco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome @Kimco

Yes .. that would be nice .. however, that is a lot of work as Hikvision and Dahua are constantly making newer models .. and numerous brands are rebranding and coming out .. so it gets complex quickly ..
Realistically I knew your answer was the answer, but I was hoping some geek somewhere with too much time on his/her hands put something together. :p

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Realistically I knew your answer was the answer, but I was hoping some geek somewhere with too much time on his/her hands put something together. :p
see @sebastiantombs reply in this thread .. good list of links to help people out ..