Deer spend the afternoon playing in the creek

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have watched the deer in the creek bottom run back and forth on the trails and chasing each other in the field, but I have never seen them playing in the creek like a bunch of kids at the beach. There is always one party pooper that has to ruin it for everyone, by taking a poop in the pool in the end......:rofl:

View attachment D03_20220310170813_001 1.mov

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like she was drinking the water on one end and pissing in the water from the other end. :p Thank you for posting the video.
You never realize just how much wildlife activity you have on your land until you put tracking cameras up. The wild life isn't even phased by our house or vehicles being in the middle of the woods. They walk right up to the house, occassionally attempt to look in the windows, I have fox and coyotes that run right through my carport, between the cars almost every night. Tons of turkey, etc. I haven't seen any sign of black-bear or armadillos yet. I am sure we will get one or the other eventually.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like here except we do have those @#$% armadillos. I all but wiped 'em out (a local nest or 2) in '20, saw nary a one all of '21. Killed 10 in about a week. Me and my trusty Henry .22, I call it my " 'Dillo Gun".... Bright white spot light, red laser dot, .22 LR's.....just shoot from the hip, put the dot on'em and BANG......

"Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone"
Queen, 1980