Deepstack motion detection tuning...

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Deepstack enabled for motion. For the most part it's doing a good job at motion detection. However I have one issue. The motion window includes a flag pole and frequently there are cars parked on the street/driveway and when Old Glory waves Deepstack announces it found a car, but the car is not moving - it's parked.
How can I tune Deepstack so it looks for motion where the motion is happening and not find stationary objects in the frame like parked cars?
Here is an example - the cars are stationary, but the flag caused the motion in the frame:
Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 8.46.59 AM.png

I tuned deepstatck using this video with decent results:

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you I didn't know I could use the Zones in conjunction with AI motion. I assume I create the zone and tick the "Use zones and hot spot" checkbox.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, in another tread somewhere here, someone pointed to that BI support forum thread and I remember seeing that image but couldn't remember who here that was and then you posted your image today and I was like there it is lol.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I started DeepStack yesterday. Today I turned off DeepStack because I was getting 0 alerts. Initially I thought that it was working so good that I wasn’t getting all them false triggers. Until I went out to were my system is and found out that I would not even trigger on me driving in and walking past cameras. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I started DeepStack yesterday. Today I turned off DeepStack because I was getting 0 alerts. Initially I thought that it was working so good that I wasn’t getting all them false triggers. Until I went out to were my system is and found out that I would not even trigger on me driving in and walking past cameras. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
Too much information left out on where to start. Simply starting DeepStack isn't enough. You then have to go into each camera and set up the parameters you want it to send to DeepStack.

Post some screenshots of the main settings AI page and then the screenshots from the individual camera settings AI pages so we can see what is wrong.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Too much information left out on where to start. Simply starting DeepStack isn't enough. You then have to go into each camera and set up the parameters you want it to send to DeepStack.

Post some screenshots of the main settings AI page and then the screenshots from the individual camera settings AI pages so we can see what is wrong.
Okay. I’m not where I can get them settings. But as soon as I can I will post them. I did go to each camera and made sitting per a guy on YouTube. But was I supposed to keep the default port setting? I think it was 82.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay. I’m not where I can get them settings. But as soon as I can I will post them. I did go to each camera and made sitting per a guy on YouTube. But was I supposed to keep the default port setting? I think it was 82.
Study the BI help file for starters.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Attachments

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry about the actual picture of the screen. I was in a hurry.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK that part looks good.

If you look on the main screen, it isn't started. It has the Start Now button. Select that and see if it starts by hitting the test in browser option.

Was there a specific reason why you changed the port number?

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK that part looks good.

If you look on the main screen, it isn't started. It has the Start Now button. Select that and see if it starts by hitting the test in browser option.

Was there a specific reason why you changed the port number?
I think that’s the port I used when I set the whole Blue Iris up a few years ago. I guess I saw somewhere to use a different port rather than 81 or something like that

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And just yesterday i’v been trying to figure out how to use UI3 so I can access computer remotelY. the system is not at my home. It’s asking for username and Password. I thought I.v been trying to use the username and password associated with my users profile to access cameras.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you haven't already, check out the BI Support Onboarding section.
I’v been there and watched videos. And stuff. You know, I tried registering on that site. Username, strong password. Clicked on their confirmation email that ended up in my junk mail. Etc. Now when I go to log in the site still will not let me log in.