Deepstack LPR Settings for Night

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or post their setup for Blue Iris/Deepstack for Night LPR's.
I can see the licence plates clearly at night but BLUEIRIS is not reading the plates because it cant detect the vehicle (you can only see plates and not vehicle).

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or post their setup for Blue Iris/Deepstack for Night LPR's.
I can see the licence plates clearly at night but BLUEIRIS is not reading the plates because it cant detect the vehicle (you can only see plates and not vehicle).
You can try using the LPR custom model I created. I am not sure how it will work with Australia plates. If it does not work the well you can send me about 350 day images and 350 night images and I will add them to the model so it can work better with Australia plates. See the below post for details.
DeepStack LPR Custom Model

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks mate will give it a shot. Yours work better than the one on the deepstack website and would there be an issue if both were running...

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cant seem to get custom models working. If I have any files in the custom models folder in Deepstack for example

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/licence.pt
Will cause my Deepstack to time out and not detect anything

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/Licence/licence.pt
Works but I dont think its actually scanning any custom models or for this matter licence plates.
Any idea why Deepstack would just timeout and not scan with a .pt in the custom folder directory.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cant seem to get custom models working. If I have any files in the custom models folder in Deepstack for example

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/licence.pt
Will cause my Deepstack to time out and not detect anything

C:/Deepstack/CustomModels/Licence/licence.pt
Works but I dont think its actually scanning any custom models or for this matter licence plates.
Any idea why Deepstack would just timeout and not scan with a .pt in the custom folder directory.
What computer do you have (i number and cpu number) and are you running the CPU or GPU version of DeepStack and what version of BI are you on? It sounds like your machine isn't hefty enough or you are on an older version of BI that had troubles with custom models.

Try putting in the AI tab for the camera under models Objects:0,license so that it is only running one model and see if it works then.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that should run it. Reboot is a great idea!

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Several boots no avail. Maybe I reinstall cuda again. Are you guys running 5.5.4.0? Maybe it's just this model. I'm running latest DeepStack GPU also...

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All your settings look correct, I am not sure why it is not working, let me think about it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since you are saving the DAT files, see what that shows why it is cancelling out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Open up the BI status page and there will be a tab titled DeepStack. Leave that open in the background and then play a cancelled alert and then pull that DeepStack Tab back up and it will show you which pictures it sent to DeepStack for analysis.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Open up the BI status page and there will be a tab titled DeepStack. Leave that open in the background and then play a cancelled alert and then pull that DeepStack Tab back up and it will show you which pictures it sent to DeepStack for analysis.
Also tried MyModels as folder name. Still same issue. timing out.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
15,000ms is a long time and certainly why it is timing out.

How many cameras are you running DS on?