Deepstack GPU W10 Blue Iris Nvidia T600 now working, a driver issue

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Today I consider I have got my Nvidia T600 finally working properly with Deepstack Windows GPU version.
I had been running Deepstack CPU version for several months with analyses taking around 340ms. Looking for an improvement 3 weeks ago I fitted a PNY Nvidia T600 into the HP SSF PC that I use for BlueIris.
Though the install of Deepstack GPU seemed to go without any hitch, I did not get any improvement in analyses times, they were still above 330ms.
I'd first installed the Nvidia Driver T600 graphics card from here-

My monitor was connected to a working Nvidia T600 graphics card (CUDA Cores 640). Next-
Rather than try to install CUDA 10.1 and cuDNN 10.1, version 11.5 were available. Installation instructions were followed from here-

Everything seemed to install and check out OK. During the install process of CUDA 11.5 I did noticed some reference to an Nvidia driver being installed, I took this as normal.
For the last few weeks I have seen no improvement in the speed Deepstack GPU takes processing images, the average time was still around 330ms, CPU 7%, GPU up to 20%.

Earlier with evening I wondered if there was an updated NVIDIA driver available for the T600. I let Windows do the search and install via Device Manager>Display Adaptors>NVIDIA T600>Properties>Driver>Update Driver.
A new NVIDIA driver was installed and after a reboot Blue Iris Status shows after 567 analyses an average of 37ms. I call that a big success. Whether this was just down to the re-install process or the improvement coming from a new driver I don't know.

A suggestion from me, if anyone has not the hoped for improvement in performance with Deepstack GPU, think about an update of the NVIDIA graphics driver.

bjohnrini

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What version is your driver?
I tried windows update, but didn't find any new drivers.
Was able to install the latest from NVidia site, but it made no difference in the detect times.
installed ver 30.0.14.7247

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The NVIDIA driver Windows installed yesterday was dated 13-10-2021 is version 30.0.14.7239, so that is a bit odd as you have 30.0.14.7247.
I am not be out of the woods as I had hoped. This morning I see in BI Status that Deepstack had processed many images overnight, 4 or 5 thousand, the average process time was 39ms.
All good then, no. I look in Alerts this morning and there's nothing after I "updated" the NVIDIA driver last evening. After I restart Blue Iris Alerts are back, but the processing time has increased, still better than before.
Now after 4355 analyses today the average is 221ms, some individual images processed this afternoon are around 124ms. Even at these times I probably should not complain.

I will revisit the NVIDIA website for any driver updates. If things change I will report back.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
bjohmrini, All very interesting and a thank you bjohnrini.
On 6th November I went from Deepstack CPU to GPU when I put in a T600 graphics card. The driver I see in Downloads was NVIDIA 472.39-guadro-rtx-desktop-notebook etc. average Deepstack process times were about the same as I had with Deepstack CPU, about 320ms.
Yesterday I let Windows install what I thought was an updated graphics driver, it did install something, and yet as I reported to you I was on 472.39, seemingly the same version as I'd installed on 6th November. Average process times earlier today were down from 320 to 200ms.

Just now after reading your post I revisited the NVIDIA website, downloaded and installed 472.47.
Currently after Deepstack 1529 analyses the average process time is 170ms. I'm viewing this as being acceptable.

Last edited: