DeepStack - Error 100 - Timeout

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I noticed two days ago I started getting DeepStack: timeout and Error 100. To me it just started happening out of the blue. One day everything fine, next day experiencing this issue. To my knowledge I haven't changed one thing. Same BI version, same DS version, same settings. I haven't added any new cams, I have added any new triggers, alerts....nothing nada that I recall doing. Yes, I see the times have really shot up. Instead of something like 250ms I see 7000ms or 8000ms. What would cause that out of the blue?

Suggestions? Uninstall/Reinstall something? Stop/Start a Service?

BAD ------------------------------------
1677629960990.png

1677630085106.png

GOOD --------------------------------
1677630319409.png

1677630340853.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It's been so long I can't remember how to uninstall/reinstall DS....LOL. Better start reading.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
First, exit out of Blus Iris Tools if you have it running. Second, stop the Blue Iris service. Then Uninstall DS, Reinstall DS, reboot your Blue Iris Server.

UNINSTALL: Add/Remove Programs > DeepStack

INSTALL: 1677641794125.png

That fixed it. Thanks for listening. :rofl:

Last edited:

Fotingo75

n3wb
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me. All motion started getting cancelled by the AI. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AI, but that didn't fix it.
Now, I am stuck and can't get this work again. All motion gets cancelled and sent to the Cancelled Alerts folder.

I even uninstalled Deepstack and installed Code Project, same issue. I can't tell what is wrong or what caused since I didn't make any changes either..

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me. All motion started getting cancelled by the AI. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AI, but that didn't fix it.
Now, I am stuck and can't get this work again. All motion gets cancelled and sent to the Cancelled Alerts folder.

I even uninstalled Deepstack and installed Code Project, same issue. I can't tell what is wrong or what caused since I didn't make any changes either..
seems were having the exact same issue.

heres what i did and its still broken

so i rolled back BI from 5.7.2.4 to 5.7.0.5
for the 2022.1.1 version now i no longer have the error starting DS however i still get the AI: not responding
redeleted all 3 deepstack folders , c:\ , appdata, temp.
tried version 2021 now getting AI: error 404 no startup error
rolled back to BI 5.7.0.5
same issues.
did a system restore to see if it helps to the date when it last worked. Continually get timeouts
im stumped

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok i just fixed it but doing a system restore on 4/2/2023 . seems this fixed it
BI is 5.7.3.0 Upgraded to 5.7.4.0 (AI is still working)
The only windows upgrade is: "2023-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023778)"
not going to try the preview as its working lol

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
has anyone figured this out yet ?
my issue came back once again even with projectai.
This happened to me years ago and the only fix was to completely reimage my windows and start from scratch

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Uninstall then reinstall DS is what fixed it for me as noted above.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Uninstall then reinstall DS is what fixed it for me as noted above.
ive reinstalled it numerous times including cleaning out the temp files listed above all the steps i took. it seems that this happens every year or so.
The fact that i have to do a system restore and it works, then stops again within a week is an issue

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well someone suggested importing an older version of my backup. I actually did an export.reg and just reimported it and it started working after a few minutes. :smash:

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have tried numerous things and doing the following has worked the best for me.
settings > about > export settings
Make sure you have your original license key, not the extended maintenance as it will ask you for it
settings > about >import settings >enter license key.
I rebooted the pc after and AI kicked back in 20 minutes later and has been good so far.

hoekogan

n3wb
Reaction score
i have tried numerous things and doing the following has worked the best for me.
settings > about > export settings
Make sure you have your original license key, not the extended maintenance as it will ask you for it
settings > about >import settings >enter license key.
I rebooted the pc after and AI kicked back in 20 minutes later and has been good so far.
This actually worked for me. I grabbed a "backup" and applied it. Thanks for the advice!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad I created this thread. Happened again but this time on my parent's BI machine. So I did my steps and all good again.

First, exit out of Blus Iris Tools if you have it running. Second, stop the Blue Iris service. Then Uninstall DS, Reinstall DS, reboot your Blue Iris Server.

UNINSTALL: Add/Remove Programs > DeepStack

INSTALL: View attachment 155542

That fixed it. Thanks for listening. :rofl: