Decode model numbers.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a Thread, Wiki, Sticky that decodes Dahua's model numbers? I figured out the starting B&T refers to Bullet o Turret; I think ZE at the end is zoom? Would be nice to know what TS, TAS, ASE mean; along the number combinations. Anything to help us beginners.

Thanks

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a Thread, Wiki, Sticky that decodes Dahua's model numbers? I figured out the starting B&T refers to Bullet o Turret; I think ZE at the end is zoom? Would be nice to know what TS, TAS, ASE mean; along the number combinations. Anything to help us beginners.

Thanks
Just a heads up that B and T at the beginning of a model number usually indicates it’s a Dahua model that Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) is selling under his brand. Dahua model numbers usually start with something like HDW.

Also FWIW, folks here usually refer to a Dahua camera using the model number from their international site. Their US website isn’t referred to much because they often don’t carry some of the more popular international models. And when they do, they make up a new model number for it, so the model number cheat sheet that helps for international models doesn’t work at all with the weird US model numbers.