db corruption detected error in log file

Reaction score
I have been getting the following error in the log file:

1669949143896.png

for a few weeks now. I do the repair/regenerate and all is fine for several days. But then it happens again.

WTS is a camera group.

I am on the latest stable version, 5.6.4.2

The 'Alerts' folder is on an SSD and is not even near running out of space.

1669949267170.png

1669949279399.png 1669949289154.png

I do not seem to be missing any alerts.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
What version of BI? I had a similar problem but the latest couple of updates have cured it for the most part.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a update to the latest release, the change happened in the 5.6.5.x range. I just updated to 5.6.5.5 and it's running solidly here.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Though it is way short of the 4 billion + files that an NTFS drive should handle, could the 141,911 files create a performance issue?

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it’s a 5.6.4.2 thing, I upgraded yesterday as it’s the latest stable release and had this error overnight.

can you not run a regenerate/repair manually? I can only see the schedule option to run everyday?
EDIT: ok it’s right click then database in the clips window, not in the server settings it seems.

Last edited:

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it’s a 5.6.4.2 thing
I'm running 5.6.6.1 and had been seeing this almost on a daily basis for awhile now. Even if I deleted all of the dat files in my db directory, along with all the clips in all my storage directories, it was just a matter of time before it occurred again. After further digging It seems to be tied to the AI analysis dat files stored in my new directory. I had a number of cameras with the "Save AI analysis details" option enable and it was eating up a lot of disc space. I disabled this option on all my cameras and deleted all the analysis files and haven't seen the db corruption error since.

Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 9.08.44 PM.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm running 5.6.6.1 and had been seeing this almost on a daily basis for awhile now. Even if I deleted all of the dat files in my db directory, along with all the clips in all my storage directories, it was just a matter of time before it occurred again. After further digging It seems to be tied to the AI analysis dat files stored in my new directory. I had a number of cameras with the "Save AI analysis details" option enable and it was eating up a lot of disc space. I disabled this option on all my cameras and deleted all the analysis files and haven't seen the db corruption error since.

View attachment 148223
If you haven't yet, please send an email to BI documenting this so they can fix it in the next update.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you haven't yet, please send an email to BI documenting this so they can fix it in the next update.
Done!

EDIT***

Here's the response I received from Ken:

I think it's a coincidence now about the DAT files as these are tracked and measured for space as others. However I will run a couple tests here to make sure that's still working.

Thanks

Ken

Last edited: