Dashcam when I can automatically download files onto Raspberry pi?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I think it's time to upgrade my Dashcam and would like to be able to automatically upload the files captured when I get home.
I know that the Blackvue cameras with Cloud access, you can attached to it's Wifi and then use cgi calls to download files, but does anyone know of any others that allow that?

I am looking at the Nextbase 312/322/412/422 cameras with have Wifi, but no idea if the files are accessible when connected to it's Wifi.

Or is there any other cameras that you would suggest.

Paul

Reaction score
I'm at the bottom of the totem pole in regards to dashcam pro's/con's of name brands. But my Nexar (one of the latest models) saves all video to a paired smartphone (via bluetooth, maybe?) upon a complete driving session (you can go small/medium/large database for smartphone megabye/gigabyte reservation for the saved videos). The app on the smartphone then uploads the video to the cloud when attached to a trusted smartphone WiFi network (such as at home). I opted not to insert a card into my dashcam where things could get stores if no smartphone was around.
I gotta say... the recordings look fantastic.