Dahua video path

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am setting up dahua cams for my blue iris pc. In the cameras menu I have these paths to set,,,

Live snapshot
Live record
Playback snapshot
Playback download
Video clips

On my pc I have a 512gb ssd and a 4tb wd purple, would I want to send any of these to the ssd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am setting up dahua cams for my blue iris pc. In the cameras menu I have these paths to set,,,

Live snapshot
Live record
Playback snapshot
Playback download
Video clips

On my pc I have a 512gb ssd and a 4tb wd purple, would I want to send any of these to the ssd?

those are all irrelevant to blue iris. ignore.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so is there somewhere in blue iris I choose destinations of stuff?

yes, the clips and archiving tab. Understand that blue iris simply pulls the video stream from the camera. The camera does not direct blue iris to do anything else with respect to storage.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes, the clips and archiving tab. Understand that blue iris simply pulls the video stream from the camera. The camera does not direct blue iris to do anything else with respect to storage.
Would I want to send any of it to my ssd?

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No. Send all the video to your storage drive. Keep the OS, Blue iris AND the blue iris database folder on the ssd.
Ok got it.

On the folders do I need to set a limit size or age or anything? I want to make sure that my storage drive doesn’t fill up and leave me hanging on current footage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok got it.

On the folders do I need to set a limit size or age or anything? I want to make sure that my storage drive doesn’t fill up and leave me hanging on current footage.

Uncheck the age box. Set the capacity limit leaving about 5% free space. You can simply use a new folder and set it to delete after that no need to move to a stored folder.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Uncheck the age box. Set the capacity limit leaving about 5% free space. You can simply use a new folder and set it to delete after that no need to move to a stored folder.
Hey I appreciate you!

You and SouthernYankee have helped me get this thing figured out.

This weekend I’m going to pull a bunch of cat5 in my attic and start getting these things mounted. Luckily I work with wire daily installing, repairing and maintaining internet so I shouldn’t have any questions for that portion