Dahua Smartpss Updated

BSD2000

n3wb
Reaction score
It still crashes when switching cameras (app just 'disappears' and closes); still have graphical errors (bottom edge cutoff) on a scaled 4K monitor; still pauses when streaming high bandwidth 4K streams. Dahua needs to thoroughly test this on a Windows PC with a 4K monitor and scaling enabled. I'm stuck using a version of SmartPSS from 2018 that uses choppy software decoding - but at least it doesn't crash or have the cut off graphical errors. Also, when changing the software configuration, it would be nice if the software actually applies the changes when you hit Apply and Save (data stream type, toggling IVS rules, etc.) without having to restart the app.

My PC setup: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E MB, Intel Core i9-9900k CPU, 32GB of 3200 DDR4 RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super video card, Intel 1TB 760p series NVME SSD, Intel X540-T2 10Gb network card, LG 4k monitor (3840x2160 with 200% scaling), Windows 10.

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so when I am smartpss from a mac, and I change backlight from off to ssa hit apply and then save I get it setting the values for britness, saturation, ...etc ..etc to 0. so thats fun.

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It has been working great for me. I connect to a lot of different model Dahua NVR's and cameras and it resolved issues that I had with previous versions of SmartPSS. One of the features I find very useful is the "Link to WEB" button on the device config page. I have some NVR's on cellular routers that don't have the ability to port forward. I can connect to that NVR with the p2p Serial Number option in SmartPSS and then the "Link to WEB" allows me to access the web gui of the NVR which seems to be the best way to make configuration changes now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It has been working great for me. I connect to a lot of different model Dahua NVR's and cameras and it resolved issues that I had with previous versions of SmartPSS. One of the features I find very useful is the "Link to WEB" button on the device config page. I have some NVR's on cellular routers that don't have the ability to port forward. I can connect to that NVR with the p2p Serial Number option in SmartPSS and then the "Link to WEB" allows me to access the web gui of the NVR which seems to be the best way to make configuration changes now.
Unfortunately the rest of the world can connect to your nvr as well. Bashis finds New May 2020 Dahua Vulnerability p2p cloud credentials

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To the point I can’t use it
Why are you using it? I mean what specifically do you use it for? Configuring Dahua camera's and NVR’s or your main program that you view cameras with? Also, what video card do you have and what drivers are installed with it? I have a couple systems with 4K screens with 25 cameras displayed and it works fine.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I used the 64-bit version for a while and went back to an older 32-bit version. The new one used a lot less CPU cycles, but has too darn many bugs.

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I
Why are you using it? I mean what specifically do you use it for? Configuring Dahua camera's and NVR’s or your main program that you view cameras with? Also, what video card do you have and what drivers are installed with it? I have a couple systems with 4K screens with 25 cameras displayed and it works fine.
I was planning I’m using it as an alternative to my web browser for my dahua nvr. To help configure the camera tripwire ect.