Dahua SD59225UHNI PTZ Video Settings Moving Objectd

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was researching and seemingly getting conflicting info.

Im repairing my camera setup after a recent breakin. We caught them. However they damaged what they stole.

I need quality video with lots of fast motion, at night, and recognize facial and license plates. I really could use some help and or links with intial settings for this purpose. If need be I will adjust server and storage to match requirements.

Thanks in advance

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At the moment I need a guide or link to video settings and their exact meaning... Seems to be huge arguments between VBR and CBR. After trying VBR I find it pretty much useless. Cant make out faces, plate numbers 20 feet away. I have searched in the forums for "Camera Video Settings", " Basic Video Settings", "Video Settings", to no avail for just a basic overview, comparisons and examples. I need to capture motion, fast motion and detail during the day and at night. and I need to have a better grasp of the video settings. Any Wiki, links or info would be appreciated. Thanks for responding.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Use CBR for this

To capture motion, assuming you have enough light etc, the #1 issue is Exposure time. Try reducing this to 1/120, then 1/500, etc until you are able to 'freeze" motion. On my cameras pulling LPR duty I run 1/1000 - 1/2000.

It will be different in daylight vs nighttime. browse the LPS section of this forum for more info.

Not knowing anything about your setup or target its hard to get more specific than that.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, I will look at framerate.
----My cameras are my main security for my business/property.
----They are mounted on a steel building 12 feet high. 2 on each corner and 1 on each side middle of building.
----Each camera looks opposite end of building corner. IE; Camera mounted North end looks at South end of building.
----I use IVS to detect any motion using tripwire/intrusion boxes.
---- The Property (22acres) is open and paved asphalt. Imagine 4 sized Walmart parking lots surrounding a large steel building.
---- NO LIGHTING AT NIGHT. Eventually there will be IR Illuminators.

I need to understand the video settings a bit better and get a baseline to deal with homeless criminals driving and running around the building with a crow bar 24/7 day and night are attached. I need as high definition as I can get. Obviously night time with IR ILLUMINATORS will be different settings.

At the moment my video settings are as listed below. When doing research there seemed to be varying opinions (for example) Iframe, what it is and what it does. I am attempting to instead get a base starting point and links to good info so that I can get good info from the start. Thanks again for your help.

MAIN STREAM
Encode Mode: H265
Smart Codec: Off
Resolution: 1080p
Frame Rate(FPS): 25
Bit Rate Type: CBR
Bit Rate: 4096
I Frame Interval: 25
SUBSTREAM
Encode Mode: H265
Resolution: 704*586
Frame Rate(FPS): 25
Bit Rate Type: CBR
Bit Rate: 256
I Frame Interval: 50

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you need h265 and are limited in storage, then by all means but I don’t use it. Image settings are fine but try increasing bitrate to 8192 you’ll get a better image at night especially.

each camera has exposure settings. “Auto” is likely fine for daytime, 1/60 maybe better

at night it will depend on light but try 1/120

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Fyi

frame-rate / bitrate two separate things- Your frame rate at 25 and Iframe at 25 is fine

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im not stuck or forced to any of these settings... I have more than enough storage and if I need more I will purchase more..... If my settings can be better, then by all means I would prefer the quality of the image than anything else... I can always increase storage....