Dahua sd59225u-hni PTZ reboot problems

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had a Dahua sd59225u-hni PTZ camera for about 4 years now, w/o problems. I cleaned the lens the other day and offset the position of the PTZ. I normally cycle power to the unit to get it back in sync. This time I did a manual reboot from the camera GUI a few days later. The camera is essentially hung up with no network traffic. The PTZ motors just sit there and jitter. I have tried the hard reset without any luck. I powered down the unit, held reset, then powered up and held reset from 5 sec to over 3 minutes with same problem. Tried resetting after power up and no luck. There is not any comm with 192.168.1.108 or the original IP. I have powered with seperate POE+ switch and different cable. Anyone else have any ideas? Still on original firmware that camera originally had, or what firmware is left.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the cams GUI, try a PTZ restart.
If not, you will need to take the cam down, open it up and see if a belt has slipped off, or is broken.
Never good to manually move a PTZ by hand.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is not any network traffic on the POE switch so cannot communicate w/ cam. I have the camera down and on the bench.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, I made some headway. After thinking of how the cam was acting, I thought it might be starved for power (motor jittering). I connected the OEM 24VAC power supply (3A) and the camera came right up. I was able to perform a hard reset and then plugged the POE+ switch back in after removing the external PS. The camera came up and everything looked good and fully operational. I then cycled power by unplugging the POE+ cable and the camera went back to the power starved state. The Netgear POE+ switch cannot supply enough power for the inrush current. I have tried 2 different POE+ switches to no avail. Looks like I have to find a location where I can power from OEM PS. Will keep trying some more of the same stuff and see what happens. At least I don't have a brick any more. Anyone with this cam s/b very careful about doing a software reboot.