Dahua POE PTZ - 2way audio setup assistance.

GustavoN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Gustavo here I'm a new member of the forum, and kinda newish to the IP CCTV world.

Recently I bought what I think it's my biggest upgrade yet, got a Dahua-SD49225XAN-HNR-S2, a massive improvement from my previous Reolink RLC520s, loving it so far. My main question here is.

I have the camera it's supposed to be POE+ although the vendor has just POE listed on the site, and I couldn't for the life of me find that exact model the "AN" probably it's a regional thing. (I'm from México)

It has the Audio In, Out, and GND leads, I've been looking around and found some videos saying it will require a POE splitter to power the camera and then the mic and speaker, and another one just plugging in the POE cable and the mic directly to Audio out and GND, the camera in the video had the female RCA built-in, mine has just the leads so I'm assuming I'd have to bridge the GND from the camera to the speaker and microphone. and then connect the "live" cable from Audio-out and Audio-in to the mic & speaker?

My plan is to use the Dahua microphone and this horn with the single POE cable and just bridge everything together, do you think that will work? If not can I have some basic guidance on how to wire everything together?

As an additional question, if anyone happens to own this model, all documentation points to the model being the "XA" version, did anyone manage to get the auto-tracking feature enabled? or is it a way to enable the face registration feature on this model? I that's from the WizSense NVR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The S2 version does not support auto tracking and you cannot flash it with firmware that does from the previous version as the chipsets are different.

You need to provide additional power for a mic and speaker. Depending on the power needs you may or may not be able to split it from the POE.

GustavoN

n3wb
Reaction score
The S2 version does not support auto tracking and you cannot flash it with firmware that does from the previous version as the chipsets are different.

You need to provide additional power for a mic and speaker. Depending on the power needs you may or may not be able to split it from the POE.
I see yup that's what was trying to avoid and just use the POE but alright, it looks like at least for the mic it requires a 12v power supply so I will start with that, thank you!