Dahua NVR Software

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an NVR 5216-4ks2. That would mean that the software that is running on this device is indeed the DSS Express software? The reason I ask is b/c on my laptop that I use to access the system from time to time that I use is Smart PSS. It looks like from what I have read I need to maybe quit using smart pss and upgrade to the DSS Express for my residential 4 camera setup. Any help is appreciated.

I am getting setup to try to be able to access the cameras from a mobile phone, so any suggestions to that end are welcomed.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello @Blue65, depending on what you want to do with the NVR, both SmartPSS and the integrated (new version 4) web interface might be useful. For example: if you want to QUICKLY run through various clips from one camera, I prefer the web interface of the NVR, very fast and reliable. If you want your 4 cams to show in one single dashboard all their recordings and interlink them for time synchronisation. I'd prefer SmartPSS. SmartPSS is not good in configuring the (for example) IVS configurations of the camera's, it will mess up settings left and right. Only thing to know what you want, is to try it out yourself. But you won't need DSS Express.

For mobile, you can opt for the "older" GMDSS/IDMSS or the newer DMSS App.. Again, question of taste.

Good luck!
CC

Blue65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @catcamstar for the quick response. Today first things first I would like to get my network up to snuff. I ordered and installed all this equipment after my truck was stolen. Nothing like a little post mortem security. I got everything up and running, but I am not under any illusions my network setup probably is not optimal.

Once I get the network piece handled, I would like to move onto setting up IVS (I think that means trip wires etc.???) I would also like to get it setup where I can see my cameras on my mobile phone (but that might be after I get the network up to snuff). If I am leaning towards setting up IVS you still would not recommend using DSS Express?