Dahua NVR resets motion detection windows to default on ip cam

PeterInOz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two different types of Chinese no name IP cam cam, that have the same problem that when connected to dahua NVR, get customised motion detection windows reset to default when dahua NVR is rebooted.

I know you're all going to say why didn't you get dahua cams, but two of them are mini cams on wall that suits my install location, and third one is ptz bullet cam with microphone that is just not available from dahua - which BTW I have always found puzzling - even ptz domes don't come with microphone, and no good for wall installation anyway.

The cams are 5mp, and have humanoid detection as well, so overall they're pretty good. They are for remote property in the country, so I like to have motion detection on as well to track local wild life.

Anyways - does any one know any trick to stop NVR from resetting the camera MD windows when NVR re- booted ? It is dahua model NVR4108-4KS2 on V3.216 firmware. I have tried messing with the MD window setting on the NVR, with no luck. It clearly only works properly on dahua cameras. I was expecting that, but wasn't expecting it to reset custom settings made on the cam itself.

PeterInOz

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried disabling video detection on the device in the NVR - which is where the detection region setup lives - but STILL the NVR re-boot resets the detection window on the camera.
I also tried setting up the camera on the registration page as manufacturer = customised, where you just enter the RTSP URL, but no go on that either.
Any other ideas out there?